Quantcast

Jewish Journal

Israel dismisses accusation of involvement in Egypt attack

Reuters

August 6, 2012 | 12:11 pm

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak near a burned Egyptian military on Aug. 6. Photo by REUTERS/Amir Cohen

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak near a burned Egyptian military on Aug. 6. Photo by REUTERS/Amir Cohen

Israel on Monday dismissed a claim by Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood that it was in any way involved in a deadly attack on a police station in Sinai a day earlier in which 16 policemen were killed.

“Even the person who says this when he looks at himself in the mirror does not believe the nonsense he is uttering,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Yigal Palmor said.

The Muslim Brotherhood had said that the attack “can be attributed to Mossad”, referring to the Israeli intelligence agency.

{--Tracker Pixel for Entry--}

COMMENTS

We welcome your feedback.

Privacy Policy
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.

Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.

Publication
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.

ADVERTISEMENT
PUT YOUR AD HERE