From Dan Gilgoff’s God & Country blog:
Conservative Christian groups are up in arms over President Barack Obama’s executive order lifting former President George W. Bush’s limits on federally funded embryonic stem cell research, but not all religious denominations and organizations are against it. Among those the White House invited to today’s signing ceremony: religious leaders, mostly of the Jewish and mainline Christian variety.
Here’s the faith-based guest list for today’s White House event:
- Maureen Shea, Episcopal Church USA, Director of Government Relations
- James Winkler, United Methodist Church, Secretary of the General Board of Church and Society
- Rabbi Steve Gutow, Jewish Council for Public Affairs
- Rev. Welton Gaddy, Interfaith Alliance
- Nancy Ratzan, National Council of Jewish Women
- Nathan Diament, Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations
- Rabbi David Saperstein, Religious Action Center for Reform Judaism
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.