I was on Pittsburgh WORD FM‘s John and Stephanie Show on Wednesday offering my opinion on the top 10 religion stories of 2007, which I have pasted at the bottom of this post. These stories, ranging from the swearing in of the first federally elected American Muslim elected to Mother Theresa’s lifelong struggles with God, were certainly significant. But they weren’t my favorite stories. These were:
1. Shabbat in Sderot beneath a canopy of Qassams
2. Nebraska senator sues God3. Israeli neo-Nazis
4. Michael Vick, Paris, Britney â and Jesus
5. Tommy Thompsonâs âJews and Moneyâ comment
6. Evel Knievel born again and again
7. Kevin Everett walks
Top 10 stories of 2007
1. Annapolis conference and everything surrounding it â Hamasistan, Orthodox Jews denouncing Olmert and Avraham Burgâs apostasy
2. Religion on the presidential campaign trail â Democrats find religion, Huckabee trumpets his and Romney downplays it3. Mother Theresaâs dark nights4. Popularity of atheist books5. Anglican schism6. South Korean missionary hostages and murdered Bible sellers in Turkey and Gaza
7. Passing of Christian Right leaders Jerry Falwell and D. James Kennedy, and of the oddball Original Jew
8. Rev. Al Mohlerâs gay comment
9. Mr. Ellison goes to Washington
10. Double lashings for Saudi gang rape victim
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.