“Zombieland” had gotten some very, very good reviews, and for what looks to be good reason. Adam Wills, the GeekHeeb, has some fun thinking about why Jews woudl make really good zombies (and not because of “Night of the Living Jews”). The GeekHeeb, maybe paying homage to weekend newsmaker David Letterman, gives us a top 10:
10. Brains can’t be half as bad as beet-jellied gefilte fish.
9. Deathly moaning made more jaunty with a nigun.
8. Jewish community already rife with soulless animated creatures who have insatiable appetites—lawyers.
7. Torah walk + foot drag—the perfect zombie shlep.
5. Attacking a Jewish zombie = hate crime. Thanks ADL!
4. Returning from the dead saves relatives days sitting shiva.
3. None of that rank embalming fluid smell.
2. Unlike a golem, you’re your own boss.
1. Lose a body part? Been there, done that. (guys only)
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.