How much do you know about Hamas?
Palestinian Media Watch can educate you on how Hamas defines itself. The Council on Foreign Relations has a decent backgrounder. And here is the Hamas Charter, which calls for the destruction of Israel.
But if you’re looking for a primer with a bit more levity, check out this satirical piece Omri at Mere Rhetoric sent me:
FUN FACTS ABOUT HAMAS
* Hamas was founded in 1987 according to some site I found with Google. I was eight years old then and wanted to be a fireman or an astronaut. Blowing up Jews had not crossed my mind.
* Hamas is Arabic for “dumb @#$% with explosives”.
* Contrary to popular belief, Hamas has nothing to do with ham. Actually, if you throw hams at them, they’ll get angry.
* Make sure to keep Hamas away from your Jews.
* I don’t like to loosely throw around charges of anti-Semitism, but I don’t think Hamas members like Jews.
* Hamas protects their armaments by hiding them among children so Israel will hesitate to shoot back. For a ground war, Hamas is planning on wearing vests covered in live puppies. Killing terrorists isn’t worth harming an innocent puppy, is it?
Read the rest from IMAO here.