How much do you know about Hamas?
Palestinian Media Watch can educate you on how Hamas defines itself. The Council on Foreign Relations has a decent backgrounder. And here is the Hamas Charter, which calls for the destruction of Israel.
But if you’re looking for a primer with a bit more levity, check out this satirical piece Omri at Mere Rhetoric sent me:
FUN FACTS ABOUT HAMAS
* Hamas was founded in 1987 according to some site I found with Google. I was eight years old then and wanted to be a fireman or an astronaut. Blowing up Jews had not crossed my mind.
* Hamas is Arabic for “dumb @#$% with explosives”.
* Contrary to popular belief, Hamas has nothing to do with ham. Actually, if you throw hams at them, they’ll get angry.
* Make sure to keep Hamas away from your Jews.
* I don’t like to loosely throw around charges of anti-Semitism, but I don’t think Hamas members like Jews.
* Hamas protects their armaments by hiding them among children so Israel will hesitate to shoot back. For a ground war, Hamas is planning on wearing vests covered in live puppies. Killing terrorists isn’t worth harming an innocent puppy, is it?
Read the rest from IMAO here.
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.