1. “Israel must be wiped off the map â¦ The establishment of a Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world . . . The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of the war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land.”
October 26, 2005
(In an address to 4,000 students at a program titled, ‘The World Without Zionism’)
NB The translation of this quote is debated and has also been read as “Israel must disappear from the page of history”
2. “The Zionist regime is an injustice and by its very nature a permanent threat. Whether you like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation. The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm.”
April 14, 2006
(In a speech at the opening of the “Support for the Palestinian Intifada” conference on April 14-16 hosted in Tehran)
3. “Today, they [Europeans] have created a myth in the name of Holocaust and consider it to be above God, religion and the prophets â¦ This is our proposal: give a part of your own land in Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to them [Jews] so that the Jews can establish their country.”
December 14, 2005
(Speaking to thousands of people in the Iranian city of Zahedan)
4. “The Zionist regime is the flag bearer of violation and occupation and this regime is the flag of Satan. â¦It is not unlikely that this regime be on the path to dissolution and deterioration when the philosophy behind its creation and survival is invalid.”
August 18, 2007
(Address to an international religious conference in Tehran)
5. “A new Middle East will prevail without the existence of Israel.”
August 4, 2006
(as quoted by Malaysian news agency Bernama website)
6. “In parallel to the official political war there is a hidden war going on and the Islamic states should benefit from their economic potential to cut off the hands of the enemies.”
7. “Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces…. Although we don’t accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, our question for the Europeans is: Is the killing of innocent Jewish people by Hitler the reason for their support to the occupiers of Jerusalem? If the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe—like in Germany, Austria or other countries—to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe.”
December 8, 2005
(While speaking to journalists at an Islamic summit in Mecca)
8. “The Zionists are the true manifestation of Satan . . . Many Western governments that claim to be pioneers of democracy and standard bearers of human rights close their eyes over crimes committed by the Zionists and by remaining silent support the Zionists due to their hedonistic and materialistic tendencies.”
February 28, 2007
(to a meeting of Sudanese Islamic scholars in Khartoum)
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.