November 2, 2010
Top 10 Jewish Wrestlers of All-Time
I haven’t written a wrestling piece in a while. So today we will look at the greatest Jewish professional wrestlers of all time. I will admit that I am not positive how many of these wrestlers are 100% Jewish. I got the list from this website www.onlineworldofwrestling.com. They also list Diamond Dallas Paige as Jewish and I know from speaking to him that he is not even 1/2 Jewish. I have placed a * next the wrestlers that I am almost 100% positive are at least 1/2 Jewish. Enjoy the list and feel free to comment.
10) Dean Malenko & A-Train/Albert/Giant Bernard - These two are tied. While Malenko was more accomplished during his ECW, WCW, and WWE days, A-Train has gone on to be a big success in Japan. Both have held titles in the WWE.
9) Brian Pillman - Pillman could have moved way up this list but his career was cut short by injuries and his eventual death. He was a unique talent and had some great success with Steve Austin and the Hart Family.
8) Michael Hayes - Hayes was part of the Fabulous Freebirds and now works for the WWE. A great tag team competitor.
7) Raven* - Former ECW and TNA Heavyweight Champion. While he never held the WCW or WWE Heavyweight title, he did manage to be the WCW United States Champ, WCW Tag Team Champ, and WWE Hardcore Champ (26 times).
6) Paul Heyman* - Heyman rarely wrestled. But he did get in the ring on occasion. But his biggest contribution to wrestling was running ECW. He also served as the Smackdown general manager and manager Brock Lesner.
5) Kane* - Kane first came to the WWE as Dr Isaac Yankem. After that short run, he returned as Undertaker’s brother Kane. Since then he has held many titles including WWF Championship, ECW Championship, WWF/E Intercontinental Championship, World Tag Team Championship, WCW Tag Team Championship, and WWE Hardcore Championship. He currently holds the World Heavyweight title.
4) Kevin Nash/Diesel - Nash came to the WWE as Brett Hart’s enforcer. He had a solid run in the WWE and even became champion. He later went on to create what he is best known for, the NWO while in the WCW. The held the WCW title 5 times and ended Goldberg’s unbeaten streak. Since then he had a brief stint in the WWE and recently left TNA where he held the Legend’s championship and Tag Team titles.
3) Macho Man Randy Savage* - One of my favorite wrestlers of all time. Unfortunately, Macho Man has not been around wrestling for a while. In his prime he held the WWE title twice and the WCW title four times.
2) Goldberg* - People probably assumed Goldberg would be number one. But the fact is, that Goldberg’s run was pretty short. Goldberg held the WCW title once and the World Heavyweight title once. The most impressive thing about him was his streak (a great storyline by Eric Bischoff).
1) Kurt Angle* - In my humble opinion, Angle is the clear cut #1. Forget about his Olmypic gold medals, Angle has dominated professional wrestling over the last 10 years and might be the world’s best in ring performer. In the WWE he held the IC title, European title, Hardcore title, Tag titles, and the US title. He also won the King of the Ring. But his time was spent mostly winning major championships including WCW Championship, World Heavyweight Championship, and the WWF/E Championship (4 times). Since joining TNA in 2008 he has won the King of the Mountain Tournament, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship (4 times).
And Let Us Say…Amen.