Nothing in the Jewish sports world has been a bigger story as of late as Amare Stoudemire visiting Israel. First he wasn’t Jewish, then he was, now he isn’t again but wishing me a Boker Tov on my Twitter account. Its just plan crazy. Maybe the craziest thing I have ever heard, that was of course until Lebron James sought out a Rabbi. According to Tablet Magazine James hired Rabbi Yishayahu Yosef Pinto for some spiritual guidance. Clearly, Lebron dealt with a lot this summer, but word is this Rabbi-to-the-stars is a “shady Kabbalist.” James’ hiring of a rabbi is just the latest in what was a crazy offseason in the NBA. Let us recap:
11) David Kahn’s Troubles Continue - Minnesota and Kahn can’t seem to figure it out. They had 3 pgs on there team and unloaded fan favorite and best player Al Jefferson.
10) Omri Casspi in Israel - Casspi played for the Israeli National team.
9) Celtics hire Lawrence Frank - After his firing midseason by the NJ Nets, Frank gets an assist job with Doc Rivers.
8) Landesberg and Scheyer Left Out of Draft - After much speculation neither Scheyer and Landesberg get drafted but both sign with NBA summer league teams.
7) Landesberg Heads to Israel - After a decent summer Landesberg leaves the Kings to join Maccabi Haifa.
6) Scheyer Out - Scheyer had severe damage to his eye and there is no word on a return.
5) Jordan Farmar Leaves LA - 2 Time NBA Champion leaves the sun in LA and joins the NJ Nets.
4) Mark Cuban Speaks Up - Cuban asked the NBA to investigate the Miami Heat’s signing of the big 3.
3) Lebron James Needs Help - James hires a rabbi to help with spiritual issues.
2) Mickey Arison Inks the Big 3 - Heat owner convinced Dwayne Wade to stay and bring enforcers with him in Lebron James and Chris Bosh.
1) Amare Stoudemire in Israel - Stoudemire’s journey to Israel and new faith in the Jewish religion is all the craze.
As you can see this has been a crazy offseason. Can’t wait for the season to get started.
And Let Us Say…Amen.