The organization Breaking the Silence is in the headlines again, is getting on Israelis’ nerves again, and is making life difficult for Israel again. Breaking the Silence collects testimonies of Israeli soldiers who served in the West Bank or in Gaza during outbreaks of violence...
Actor Jason Segel opens up about childhood as Jewish outsider
More than 100 headstones toppled at Philadelphia Jewish cemetery
Canada purchases Iron Dome technology
White House briefing of AIPAC activists ends in communication breakdown
After years of trying, Mark Zuckerberg and his wife are expecting first child
Tag: Breaking The Silence
June 29, 2015 | 4:04 am
September 10, 2014 | 12:48 pm
June 23, 2014 | 7:15 am
In this edition of the English Language Social Order, we discuss:
- The recent kidnapping of three yeshiva youths
- Critique gender imbalance in the Israeli media
- Attend Breaking the Silence's 10 year anniversary and ask, "What do you think about the criticism of "airing dirty laundry" in public?
- March in the Gay Pride Parade in Tel Aviv
- Investigate the new "Jewish Identity Administration" that is run by Naftali Bennett's Right Wing National Religious Jewish Home Party and responsible for strengthing the Jewish Identity of Israelis.
June 12, 2014 | 6:18 am
Israeli organization “Breaking the Silence” celebrated their tenth anniversary last week in Habima Square in Tel Aviv with public readings from a selection of the nearly one thousand Israeli Defense Forces soldier testimonies the group has collected since their inception. The...
August 29, 2012 | 10:30 am
Australian Jewish officials lashed out at a group of former Israeli soldiers who reported abuses they witnessed while serving in the Palestinian territories.
The front pages of the Sydney Morning Herald and Melbourne’s The Age newspapers on Monday carried a report on the Aug. 24...
January 6, 2011 | 10:49 am
Ben Gurion International Airport’s wireless service reportedly is blocking travelers from selected left- and right-wing political websites.
Websites blocked at the Israeli airport include Breaking the Silence, Peace Now and the Legal Forum for the Land of Israel, Haaretz reported...