I absolutely love this version of raw classic brownies with rich flavors of chocolate, and a hint of espresso. The secret to making these brownies, guilt- free and nutritious, is the additions of the superfood, Cacao nibs. They’re rich in minerals, antioxidants, and contain some friendly fats. Don't confuse them with chocolate chips though - they are two very different things.
When purchasing the cacao nibs, make sure to purchase raw and organic. You'll get the most benefits out of them, and quality product for your money(I personally like Navita's brand).
I love making these when I have unexpected guests coming over. Just throw everything in your food processor or high speed blender, and voila!
10 Minutes Chocolate Nibs Brownies (Raw and Vegan)
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 0 Minutes
2 cups Medjool dates, chopped and pitted
1 cup raw walnuts
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup pistachios
1 cup raw, unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup cacao nibs
1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
dash of cinnamon
2 Tbsp chopped goji berries for added antioxidants.
1 Tbsp chopped Anise for an added exotic flavor and aroma
1. Add walnuts, almonds and pistachios to your food processor or high speed blender, and ground/ blend for 1-2 minutes until fine
(Keep few chunks in the nut-mix).
2. Add the dates, pulse and blend until the mixture has come together.
3. Add the cocoa powder and melted coconut oil, and pulse to combine it with the nut-date mix
4. Remove the mixture to a large bowl, add the cacao nibs and mix with your hands.
5. In a lined 7x7 or 6x8 square pan, pour the brownie mixture and press down until you form a brownie layer. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Cut into squares.
FYI: The smaller the pan you use, the thicker the brownie will be; the larger pan you use, the thinner the brownie will be.