This quick-make, scrumptiously delicious cake is seriously to die for. Scratch that, to live for! Not only is it going to make your taste buds break out into dances of delight, but this raw carrot cake is high in Omega 3's and friendly fats. Serve it to your kids for an after dinner dessert, serve it to your guests at your next social event, or even better, bring it along next time you visit your in-laws! Everyone will fall in love with you. And wait until you see their face when you revel to them that this cake contains no flour, eggs, oil, butter, or sugar!
No Bake, Scrumptious Carrot Cake With Macadamia Frosting (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
Serves 8 -12
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Ingredients for macadamia frosting:
2 cups raw macadamia nuts
(soaked in water for 2-4 hours)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. rose water or orange blossom ( optional)
2 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup agave nectar, coconut nectar, or maple syrup
3/4 Cup water
Ingredients for carrot cake:
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1 1/2 cups almond meal
2 cups dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces ( I like Madjool)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes.
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
Options for Toppings:
*Combination of all of the above
1. Add all ingredients to your high speed blender ( or vitamix), and blend for few minutes, until creamy and smooth.
Preparation For The Cake:
1. In your food processor ( or your high speed blender) add all ingredients and pulse for few minutes, until all ingredients sticks together and becomes like a dough like.
Assembling The Cake
1. In a lined springform cake tin, press half of the cake mix into the bottom of the cake tin and press firmly with your hands.
3. Spread 1/2 of the macadamia frosting on top. Place into the freezer until the macadamia frosting is hard.
4. Remove from freezer and add the rest of the cake mix into the cake tin and press firmly with your hands.
5. Spread the rest of the macadamia frosting into the cake tin and place back into the freezer until the frosting becomes hard.
6. Remove from freezer and decorate with your favorite toppings. Serve and let the compliments begin
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.