Like the consistent change of seasons, so do our appetites and cravings change according to the weather of the month. As we are now deeply enmeshed in the blistering heat of the summer, our pallets crave foods that are quick to prepare, and a coolant for our bodies. I know my taste buds crave that.
Most of my clients know that I love giving junk food a complete, healthy makeover that allows them to still enjoy food to the maximum level of pleasure- 100% guilt-free, and prepared in as little kitchen time as possible. In the summery haze of blissfulness, our sweet tooth emerges even stronger, and we all feel the need to satisfy that craving.
So, you may be asking, what is a sweet snack that I can eat to satisfy that sweet tooth, and at the same time not feel guilty about indulging in? I have the perfect summer snack that is both healthy and guilt free- vegan, dairy, sugar, and gluten free as well! Try my raw oreo ice cream sandwiches, and enjoy this treat with zero guilt and pleasure multiplied by a thousand. In fact, if you love them, go ahead and take a second and thied one. I encourage you to do that!
Benefits of coconut oil:
Coconut oil is a prime booster for your immune system, it regulates your metabolism, and relieves you from stress and other diseases such as kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV, and cancer. It also increases your energy expenditure, which helps you burn more fat. Two birds with one stone. Reducing hunger cravings is yet another benefit coconut oil is known for- another fat burning trick.
Raw Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches- Vegan and Gluten Free!
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 0 Minutes
Makes 8 Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches
Chocolate Cookie Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut nectar, honey or agave nectar
Pinch of sea salt
Few drops of vanilla extract
Vanilla Filling Ingredients:
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup almond butter ( you can substitute to cashew butter if you like)
1/4 cup coconut nectar, honey or agave nectar (or less, depends how sweet you like it)
4 Tbsp coconut nectar, honey or agave nectar
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1. Place all the chocolate cookie ingredients into your food processor or high speed blender, and blend until all ingredients mix together. Takes about 2 minutes.
2. Remove to a large bowl and keep in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
3. Vanilla Filling: Add all ingredients to your food processor or high speed blender, and blend until smooth.
4. Use silicone molds (or muffin tins if you don't have silicone mold), and with your hands, layer your chocolate cookie dough by pressing down and making a patty shape.
5. Top with a layer of your vanilla filling, and then another layer of chocolate cookie dough.
6. Wrap with saran wrap and place in the freezer overnight
7. Remove from silicone molds ( or muffin tins) and serve immediately. Devour!
Warning: These guilt-free babies are highly addictive.
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.