May 11, 2012 | 7:14 pm
Posted by Sima Cohen
Mother’s Day comes just once a year. Show your mother how much you care by bringing her a delicious and healthy breakfast in bed. One that has all of the flavor and none of the guilt! Here are three to choose from, and none of them take longer than 20 minutes to prepare!
“Perfect” Parfait (Serves 1) Prep time: 5 mins., Cook time: 0 mins.Ingredients
1 C non-fat or low fat Greek yogurt
½ C mixed berries
1 tsp. honey
¼ C low sugar granola
1. Start by pouring some of the berries into a short glass. Top with ½ C of yogurt, followed by a little bit of granola.
2. Continue until the glass is full or all ingredients are used. Serve.
Skinny Protein French Toast (Serves 1) Prep time: 5-7 mins., Cook time: 10 mins.Ingredients
2 egg whites and 1 egg yolk (substitute for ¾ C liquid egg whites, such as Egg Beaters)
2 slices whole wheat bread
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp. agave
1. Start by whipping the eggs or egg substitute. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and protein powder and continue whipping.
2. Dip the bread in the egg mixture, coating on both sides.
3. Lightly coat a skillet with cooking spray and brown each slice of bread over medium heat for 1-2 minutes each side.
4. Pour agave over toast and serve with grapefruit.
Egg White Crepes (Serves 2) Prep time: 3 mins., Cook time: 10 mins.Ingredients
½ C whole wheat flour
3 egg whites
½ C low-fat milk
1 tbsp. omega-3 spread
½ C frozen mixed berries, thawed and drained
Pinch of salt
1 package sugar substitute
1. Whisk the wheat flour, egg whites, milk, salt, and omega-3 spread together in a large bowl until smooth.
2. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
3. Pour half of batter into skillet and tilt back and forth until batter covers the bottom of the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown.
4. Flip the crepe upside down and place half of the berries on top. Cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Fold crepe in half and remove to serving plate. Sprinkle half of sugar substitute on top and serve.
6. Repeat 3-5 for second serving.
5.9.13 at 2:02 pm | So, you're a beginner? Perfect. A lot of my. . .
5.6.13 at 1:57 pm | If you are a living breathing female human being. . .
5.4.13 at 1:55 pm | I get a lot of health and fitness questions from. . .
5.1.13 at 1:52 pm |
4.21.13 at 5:42 pm |
4.17.13 at 5:39 pm |
4.17.13 at 5:39 pm | (124)
5.9.13 at 2:02 pm | So, you're a beginner? Perfect. A lot of my. . . (20)
2.22.12 at 9:32 pm | As you probably know, I am a proud mom myself.. . . (15)
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.