As you know quite well by now, I have been honored with the name of "Transformation Guru" for a reason. My philosophy is simple: It's all about connecting the pieces. Losing weight is always just a bonus.When my clients come to me with a request to guide them on their journey of transforming their lives to a healthier version than the one looking them in the mirror, like clay, I mold them into a "2.0" version by not having them count calories, grams of fat and sugar; eliminating an entire food group, or telling them what they can't have; or yelling at them until they puke. I do quite the opposite.
After taking the time to study their current lifestyle & eating habits, I then put on my "transformation apron" and start cleaning house. I tweak, I "clean up" dirty foods, I educate and inspire my clients to new, healthier eating opportunities. All of that creates a long lasting transformation. No matter a client's age, tax brackets, or status, they all have one thing in common- a sweet tooth.
So that's why, for the next few weeks, I will present you with desserts that are not only healthy and guilt free, but will fool people into believing that they are made with the unhealthy substances they are used to.
No-Bake Banana Cream Pie- Vegan, Gluten, Dairy, Sugar, & Egg Free
This delicate beauty of a pie, will make your taste buds explode in a symphony of flavor. My order to yu is not to feel guilty with each slice, and most defnitely get a
second..... scratch that... a third helping!
For the Crust
2 cups Walnuts, or your favorite nut
1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
12 Majool dates, chopped and pitted
For Banana Cream
2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in water for 20 minute- 1 hour and drained
1 cup unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, or hemp milk
2 medium bananas, ripe
3 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
For Cream Topping
1 can coconut cream, set overnight in the fridge
3 Tbsp. Coconut or agave nectar
1 tsp. Best quality vanilla extract
For the Crust
1. In a high speed blender, blend the walnuts until chopped into small pieces. About 1 minute. Add the coconut and the dates.
2. Take a pie pan, and arrange the crust to fit the pan.
For the Filling
1. Toss everything into a high-speed blender and mix until completely smooth.
2. Pour over the crust and place back into the freezer.
For the Cream Topping
1. With an electric mixer, whip up the coconut cream from the can and the sweetners together. Add vanilla
2. Carefully pour over the filling.
3. Cover with foil and refrigerate for a minimum of 1hour. You can speed the process up by placing it in the freezer if you just can't wait to eat it.
4. Devour with your friends and family.