The president must understand that the unity of Jerusalem is non-negotiable for Israelis across the political spectrum, writes Jonathan Tobin in Commentary Magazine.
If there has been one point of contention with Israel on which the president has pushed the envelope farther than any of his predecessors it is Jerusalem. While all American governments have refused to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the entire city, let alone over those parts of it that were occupied by Jordan from 1949 to 1967 commonly known as East Jerusalem, Obama has gone further than that.
Writing in the Daily Beast, Bruce Riedel warns that Yemen contains the greatest terror threat to the United States.
America’s key ally in this war is Yemen’s bigger and richer brother, Saudi Arabia, the real prize in the struggle. Bin Laden and his protégés in AQAP have always had their focus on the Kingdom and the House of Saud. Johnson details just how deeply the Saudis have become involved in the war in Yemen including how its intelligence service has foiled two AQAP plots against America and its Royal Saudi Air Force is now flying bombing strikes against AQAP targets deep inside the country.
- Times of Israel: Assad: No civil war in Syria
- Haaretz: Netanyahu can relax, Obama won't punish him
- Jerusalem Post: Ya'alon: We've sent numerous warning messages to Syria
- Ynet: EU's Ashton 'deeply regrets' new settlement building
- New York Times: In Big New Museum, Russia Has a Message for Jews: We Like You
- Washington Post: Israel’s Netanyahu comes in for criticism in wake of U.S. presidential election
- Wall Street Journal: Iran Fired on U.S. Drone Before Vote