This recipe is awesome for several reasons:
1. It’s easy.
2. It tastes amazing.
3. It’s healthy, balanced, and packed with nutrients.
Skinny Peaches and Cream is a nutritionist’s dream dessert because it is a balanced meal (with no added sugar!), which means your body can efficiently use all the nutrients when consumed together. This dish is composed of protein from Greek yogurt, fat from coconut oil, and carbohydrates from the fruit. Plus, the cinnamon and ginger have holistic properties that benefit your body and mind. Cinnamon may have a positive effect on blood sugar and is recommended by herbalists for digestive disorders. Ginger is said to have many healing properties such as lower cholesterol levels, aid in digestion, and alleviate high blood pressure.
This recipe is a really good way to utilize the amazing stone fruit found at farmer’s markets this time of year.
Skinny Peaches and Cream, serves 1
1 cup/container, Greek yogurt
1 large or two small, peach/nectarine/plum, diced
1 teaspoon, coconut oil
1 tablespoon (plus 1/2 teaspoon for the yogurt), cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon, ginger
2 teaspoons, vanilla extract
6 drops, Stevia
1. Spoon yogurt into a cup or bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients. Stir consistently until the fruit starts to caramelize. About 5 minutes.
4. Place stewed fruit over the Greek yogurt.
5. Eat. Smile. Enjoy. Digest happy.
RELIsh Life is Arielle's life & wellness coaching site. Arielle offer's guidance and empowerment to a healthier more fullfilling life through certified life and wellness coaching, as well as custom cooking classes.