February 18, 2011
2011 Oscars Trivia Quiz
See below for the answers.
1) Where was Natalie Portman (Best Actress, “Black Swan”) first approached by talent representatives?
a) At a pizza parlor in Long Island.
b) At a synagogue in Monsey.
c) At a “Kochav Nolad” audition in Israel.
d) At a rally in Tahrir Square.
e) On JDate.
2) James Franco (Best Actor, “127 Hours”) has publicly admitted to committing which of these crimes as a teenager?
a) Stealing cable for multiple television sets.
b) Shoplifting bottles of cologne.
c) Breaking and entering an old-age home.
d) Evading police during a highway chase.
e) Mixing milk and meat.
3) Jesse Eisenberg (Best Actor, “The Social Network”) is related to which television commercial personality?
a) The Snapple Lady (aunt)
b) The Pepsi Girl (sister)
c) The Most Interesting Man in the World (zayde)
d) The “Where’s the beef?” lady (bubbe)
e) Smilin’ Bob, the Enzyte guy (cousin)
4) What inspired Darren Aronofsky (Best Director, “Black Swan”) to write the film “Pi”?
a) A group of Chasidic Jews, who attempted to recruit him.
b) A group of Jehovah’s Witnesses, who attempted to recruit him.
c) A group of Alpha Epsilon Pi brothers, who attempted to party with him.
d) A group of Tea Party supporters, who attempted to nominate him.
e) A Geico commercial.
5) Helena Bonham Carter (Best Supporting Actress, “The King’s Speech”) has appeared in which of the following television roles?
a) As one of Don Johnson’s love interests on “Miami Vice.”
b) As a scandalous French teacher with a dark secret on “90210.”
c) As a lifeguard in the British version of “Baywatch.”
d) As an arrogant aristocrat on “The Love Boat.”
e) As herself in last season’s “Celebrity Apprentice.”
6) Scott Rudin (Best Picture, “True Grit,” “The Social Network”) was born on which holiday?
a) Labor Day
b) Groundhog Day
c) Bastille Day
d) Kick a Jew Day
e) Take Your Daughter to Work Day
7) Which of the following has been a season finale episode title for all three of Aaron Sorkin’s (Best Adapted Screenplay, “The Social Network”) television shows?
a) “What Kind of Day Has It Been”
b) “Goodbye, Farewell and Amen”
c) “Next Year in Jerusalem”
d) “Chazak Chazak V’nitchazek”
e) “Why Is This Title Different From All Other Finale Episode Titles?”
8) What was David O. Russell’s (Best Director, “The Fighter”) first film as a director?
a) “Spanking the Monkey”
b) “Wrapping the Megillah”
c) “Nailing the Mezuzah”
d) “Pickling the Cucumber”
Highlight the space between the words “ANSWERS” and “HERE” to see the answers to this quiz. ANSWERS (1-A, 2-B, 3-B, 4-A, 5-A, 6-C, 7-A, 8-A) HERE