Quantcast

Jewish Journal

Boston bombers had planned to attack N.Y. next, Mayor Bloomberg says

Reuters

April 25, 2013 | 11:15 am

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg in New York on Jan. 29. Photo by Robert Miller/Reuters

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg in New York on Jan. 29. Photo by Robert Miller/Reuters

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said on Thursday the suspects in last week's Boston Marathon bombing had intended to attack New York City next.

"Last night we were informed by the FBI that the surviving attacker revealed that New York City was next on their list of targets," Bloomberg said at New York City Hall. Surviving suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his older, now dead, brother Tamerlan, had built additional bombs beyond those set off at the race, Bloomberg said.

"He and his older brother intended to drive to New York and detonate those explosives in Times Square," Bloomberg said.

Reporting by Edith Honan, writing by Scott Malone; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick

Tracker Pixel for Entry

COMMENTS

We welcome your feedback.

Privacy Policy
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.

Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.

Publication
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.

ADVERTISEMENT
PUT YOUR AD HERE