What is Bikram Yoga?
A: A yoga class that runs approximately 90 minutes, incorporates a series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises, and is ideally practiced in a room heated to 105°F (40.5°C) with a humidity of 40%.
What is coconut water?
A: A drink with five essential electrolytes, more potassium than a banana, low acidity, no fat, no sugar added, and no cholesterol, coconut water is the best and most natural, refreshing way to hydrate and replenish.
And what does Bikram Yoga and Coconut water have in common?
1. It is common for beginners to experience dizziness and nausea after both.
2. It takes immense amounts of focus and discipline to finish either.
3. There is much controversy as to whether or not performing strenuous exercise in a room over 100 degrees is safe. Likewise, there is much controversy whether drinking a disgusting drink like coconut water in any room is safe.
4. Blood circulation is affected immensely during Bikram Yoga because of two processes called extension and compression. The body is stretching or compressing a certain part of the body, thus cutting off circulation temporarily. Sort of how you feel when you drink coconut water.
5. The pumping of excess, fresh blood is called extension. Once the asana is complete and the individual comes out of the posture, the new oxygenated blood is able to rejuvenate the arteries that were being compressed. Because of the volume change and influx of fresh blood, it is said that infection, bacteria, and toxins can be released through this process….. Likewise, toxins released in the process of inhaling coconut water is the vomit that is hurled out of your body upon the eight dollar, super vulgar, highly over rated, non caffeinated, non tasting, non enjoyable beverage that isn’t the least bit refreshing at all.
I just bought a case at Costco.
Think I could use a syringe to insert the sports drink instead?