Who knew that the best brownies in the world would.….
1. come from a box (or in this case a bag).
2. take 5 minutes and zero brain power.
3. be gluten free.
4. all be bought with a one stop shop at Trader Joes for under ten bucks!?!
These are “doctored up” because I add an extra 6-7 doses of chocolate plus a sprinkling of sea salt on the top.
Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Brownie Mix
1 stick of butter
¼ cup water
½ cup of Trader Joe’s cocoa powder
3oz Valharona or Trader Joe’s 70% Dark Chocolate Bar
Coconut Oil or Butter (for greasing the pan)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan with coconut oil or butter.
2. Combine the brownie mix,cocoa powder, water and egg together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt the dark chocolate and butter together over the stovetop and then let cool just a bit.
4. Add the butter and chocolate mixture to the brownie mixture and mix together until well combined. (It will look more like a dough than a batter).
5. Spread the brownie mixture evenly in the pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool. Cut into small squares and stick in freezer if you like.