I’m going to keep this spiel short.
Here are the facts: If you heat up your favorite unsweetened non-dairy milk and put excellent good quality 100% cocoa powder in it and sweeten it with stevia or agave, it’s delicious. That’s all you need to know.
Never feel guilty about hot chocolate again.
your favorite non-dairy milk - generous 1 cup per person
here are my favorites from most to least creamy:
- almond/coconut- vanilla flavored
- almond- vanilla flavored
- rice or rice/quinoa
- here are my favorites from most to least creamy:
- quality 100% unsweetened chocolate powder such as Green and Blacks, Valrhona*, or Ghirardelli- about a tablespoon per serving
- stevia drops (clear variety)- a few drops to taste
- If you don’t like stevia, try raw agave* to taste, but will no longer be sugar free
- Heat the non-dairy milk and chocolate powder over a medium-low/medium flame, covered, until it just begins to boil...about ten minutes.
- Add stevia drops or agave and stir.
- Taste, you can always make it richer in chocolate or sweeter.
- Enjoy and share a cup with someone who loves chocolate.
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.