I’m going to keep this spiel short.
Here are the facts: If you heat up your favorite unsweetened non-dairy milk and put excellent good quality 100% cocoa powder in it and sweeten it with stevia or agave, it’s delicious. That’s all you need to know.
Never feel guilty about hot chocolate again.
your favorite non-dairy milk - generous 1 cup per person
here are my favorites from most to least creamy:
- almond/coconut- vanilla flavored
- almond- vanilla flavored
- rice or rice/quinoa
- here are my favorites from most to least creamy:
- quality 100% unsweetened chocolate powder such as Green and Blacks, Valrhona*, or Ghirardelli- about a tablespoon per serving
- stevia drops (clear variety)- a few drops to taste
- If you don’t like stevia, try raw agave* to taste, but will no longer be sugar free
- Heat the non-dairy milk and chocolate powder over a medium-low/medium flame, covered, until it just begins to boil...about ten minutes.
- Add stevia drops or agave and stir.
- Taste, you can always make it richer in chocolate or sweeter.
- Enjoy and share a cup with someone who loves chocolate.