For many baby boomers, retirement is just around the corner. Why not celebrate their hard work and this golden milestone with a retirement gift? Whether they plan to spend the next phase of life jet-setting or pursuing more domestic interests, they deserve something special to mark the occasion.
1. After years of subpar office coffee, your boomer buddy can now enjoy a rich cup of homemade Joe every morning with the COFFEE COLD BREW GIFT SET ($36). The set comes with a 60-ounce mason jar, a hand-sewn cloth filter, and flavorful Brazilian and Guatemalan coffee beans. uncommongoods.com
2. Help your loved one celebrate years of family, friendship and adventures with a beautiful black-and-white photo album. Viewing digital images on our devices is nice, but putting prints in a DECORATED HANDMADE SLIP-IN ALBUM ($22) makes them extra special and easily accessible. The album holds 200 photos, with a memo line for each. etsy.com
3. Kick the retirement party off right with a gifted bottle of CARMEL KAYOUMI SHIRAZ ($30.99) from the verdant foothills of the Upper Galilee. This wine has been aged in French oak barrels for 15 months, giving it a warm, tannic, jammy flavor, offset by notes of black pepper and roasted coffee. kosherwine.com
4. She’s worked long and hard — now she’s ready to tour the world! Make sure your retiree’s passport will be safe, and stylish, with the LUGGAGE GOLD ROBINSON PASSPORT HOLDER ($135). The Italian Saffiano leather case has an interior passport pocket, two interior slit pockets, five interior credit card slots and more. toryburch.com
5. Whether a retiree is weekending in the mountains or flying to Israel, the ROLLING WIDEMOUTH BAG ($249.95) is sturdy, compact and can hold all the necessities. Made from vegetable-dyed, buttery soft, full-grain cowhide, the bag comes equipped with an adjustable shoulder strap as well as a collapsible handle and wheels for easy maneuvering. hammacher.com