1. Kate is a commoner. Yep, Kate might be the perfect woman in every respect, to the rest of the world, but to the British royal family, she is just a commoner. Just one of us. This wedding is a huge symbol of change. Prince William is breaking with tradition to follow his heart and wed his beshert. It’s a triumph of the soul and of love. There’s nothing more worth celebrating.
2. Princess Diana would approve. William’s mother, the great Princess Diana, who did so much to challenge the establishment and to bring care and compassion to the suffering would be delighted and would bless the union. I bet she’s dancing around, right now, as she looks down on her first born. He was not afraid to make the right choice.
3. Marriage is a blessing. With so many marriages in the toilet, and the divorce rate at over 50 %, it is rare to see a couple so well matched, so perfectly suited to one another. And it is heart-warming and inspiring that these two found each other, and allowed their connection to flourish. In these times, we need examples of great marriages, and to be reminded that it can work, particularly if the souls fit together.
4. It brings us together. With all the pain, struggle and turmoil of recent years, we are all desperately in need of something we can all celebrate. It’s easy to mock the Brits and their love for the monarchy, but why not just see the beauty of these two youngsters and join in the joy?
5. The dress, duh! Who doesn’t want to see what fashionable Kate will be wearing? She is perfectly stylish, and a true fashion icon. And I’m sure the dress is going to be a real statement. Fashion is art, and art nourishes the soul. So I will be sitting on the edge of my seat for that first glimpse of Kate’s dress, and everything else that she and William will be doing. And to all those who could care less, well they can just stay steeped in their misery. I am happy for this grand excuse to celebrate!
JewishJournal.com is produced by TRIBE Media Corp., a non-profit media company whose mission is to inform, connect and enlighten community
through independent journalism. TRIBE Media produces the 150,000-reader print weekly Jewish Journal in Los Angeles – the largest Jewish print
weekly in the West – and the monthly glossy Tribe magazine (TribeJournal.com). Please support us by clicking here.