October 31, 2009 | 12:26 pm
Posted by Ilana Angel
Here is a recap of my week. Full articles are available at www.jewishjournal.com/keepingthefatih.
1. If Aaron Carter does not get booted off of Dancing With the Stars this week I am going to have to stick my hand down my throat and remove my own kidney. Seriously. Enough. Go home Aaron and as a gift to those of us who have had to watch you for so long you should cry like a baby when you go. Thanks.
2. My son went to a party this week that ended when the police were called in. I can honestly remember when he was a baby and his bum could fit into the palm of my hand and now he is taller than me and going to huge parties. I don’t l know how it happened so fast but I do know that I love this child more every single day of his life and while I’m scared of the changes I welcome the adventure.
3. I’m still on JDate and there is nothing more to say about that.
4. I went to a funeral for the lovely Bill Basch who was a survivor of the Holocaust and was reminded that we must never forget this horrible chapter in the history of the world, Jews and all who were persecuted. I encourage you to visit the USC Shoah Foundation institute at www.college.usc.edu/vhi where you can learn, donate and remember.
5. There was a shooting at Adat Yeshurun Temple in North Hollywood this week and they are still looking for the shooter. This just breaks my heart and makes me fearful for our children that this is the world in which we live. God Bless those who were injured. God Bless us all.
6. On a lighter note I learned this week that there are hundreds of condom choices and the correct amount of time to invest in condom shopping is at least 25 minutes.
7. I went on two dates this week with “Brad” from JDate. He is funny and charming and we have a really great connection and I like him a lot but he has young children, has been divorced for 5 minutes and is at a different place in his life than I am in mine and it begs the question if you make a list of things that you want and you meet someone who has a about 50% of those things do you invest and see if it can work or do you stick with what you know you want and move on?
It has been an interesting week. I’m dealing with the growing pains of my teenager, growing pains of my dating life, and growing pains of my @$$ because I was so busy this week I didn’t work out everyday. I hope next week is different. Not better, just different. Shabbat Shalom and keep the faith.
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.
12.19.13 at 2:57 am | My son has a free schlepping service.
12.12.13 at 8:05 am | Well played my son. Well played.
12.11.13 at 6:58 am | I watch in awe and stare with envy at these. . .
12.5.13 at 3:16 pm | Heaven has received a blessing today.
12.3.13 at 3:05 pm | Every time I go into the kitchen I half expect to. . .
11.30.13 at 10:42 am | "The only correct actions are those that demand. . .
9.15.13 at 3:14 pm | I love you Russell Brand. (461)
12.12.13 at 8:05 am | Well played my son. Well played. (401)
7.25.11 at 5:38 pm | We need more Jews! (268)