March 14, 2010 | 12:53 pm
Posted by Ilana Angel
1) I do not get Daylight Savings Time. Why do we still do it? It seems silly, and unnecessary, and I think it should be stopped. It’s confusing, and I can’t think of a way that it helps me in my life. Just saying.
2) I want a hedgehog. I think it is the cutest animal. They are not fluffy and cuddly, but they are really funny, and entertaining. I don’t even think they are legal in California, but they sure are cute. Anybody own one?
3) My new favorite form of relaxation is to go tanning. I’ve been going with a friend to Miami Tan in Calabasas, and let me just say, it’s heaven. The kid that works there is called Brian and he is a doll. If you live locally and need a tan, call Brian at 818-880-8267. Even if you don’t need a tan, it’s worth it to have the peace, quiet, and heat. It is 12 minutes well spent.
4) Can someone explain to me why I have so much laundry? Is it a teenage boy thing, that he needs to change his close 400 times a day? Why does he wear things one time, and then need them washed? I will never understand how this laundry appears.
5) Celebrity Apprentice starts tonight on NBC. I love this show, and can’t wait to blog about it. You can see my Celebrity Apprentice Blogs both here at the Journal, and at thewrap.com starting tomorrow. Without having seen it yet, and with no other reason that I love her, I’m hoping that Sharon Osbourne wins.
6) I am going to be interviewed on Team Sarah Palin Radio this Thursday. Here’s the best part, we are not going to talk about politics. Just chat about my blog, searching for love, the challenges that come with being a strong woman, and my chance encounter with Sarah Palin.
7) I recently saw a play here in LA that was in previews for it’s trip to New York City. It is called “Stuffed and Unstrung”, and it is fabulous. Truly a must see. It is playing at The Union Square Theater. Previews start March 17th, with opening night on April 1st. If you’re in NYC, you should check it out. Check this out on youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=6B14kpBCaX4 and visit www.stuffedandunstrung.com
8) I am addicted to my farm on Facebook. I thought the novelty would have worn off by now, but it has not. I love it, and I am so proud of it. It’s really beautiful. How sad that I am talking about a stupid computer game, in such a loving fashion. I’m out of control. Shame.
9) I want to thank every reader of my blog who has gone on Facebook, and requested I be his or her friend. It is very kind. I am declining the invitations, and wanted to say that it is nothing personal. My son and his buddies are all my friends on there, so I keep it private. I know you understand. I appreciate that you read, and have taken an interest in my life. It is lovely, and I am honored to be friends with all of you.
10) Last night I had a date that was set up by friends of mine. He is 49, has never been married, and has no children. He was charming, and had fantastic manners. My son was at a birthday party that was scheduled to go from 7 – 11. Another mom drove our kids to the party, and I was scheduled to pick up at 11.
I got a call at 8:00 saying that they party ended at 10, rather than 11. My date was at 8:30. I got a call at 8:45 saying the party was a complete dud, and they needed to be busted out. I told my son I was out, would be there at 10, and he needed to give it a try, and not offend the birthday girl by leaving early.
I got a call at 9:15 to see how my night was going, and a plea to please come and save them from what was the most boring party ever. I explained the situation to my date, and said I needed to cut our evening short, and go pick them up. He didn’t get it.
I feel bad because I clearly hurt his feelings. He really did not understand why I would not make my son suck it up, and hang for another 45 minutes, so I could finish my evening. I tried to explain, but I’m not sure he accepted my explanation.
I struggled with it because I didn’t want to offend him. He was really lovely. When I got to the party, and the kids ran to the car, so appreciative that I came to get them, I knew I made the right decision. To hear them laughing, and being so grateful and happy, is everything to me.
It is a gorgeous day in Los Angeles. Wherever you are, enjoy your Sunday, and have a good week. I wish health and happiness to everyone. I’m sending love and prayers to the troops. Count your blessings, take a deep breath, tell someone you love them, and keep the faith.
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.
12.5.13 at 3:16 pm | Heaven has received a blessing today.
12.3.13 at 3:05 pm | Every time I go into the kitchen I half expect to. . .
11.30.13 at 10:42 am | "The only correct actions are those that demand. . .
11.29.13 at 1:56 pm | My nest will never empty as my son will always be. . .
11.28.13 at 7:59 am | Think. Laugh. Cry.
11.26.13 at 7:06 am | God places love where we don't always see it.
11.30.13 at 10:42 am | "The only correct actions are those that demand. . . (530)
11.29.13 at 1:56 pm | My nest will never empty as my son will always be. . . (381)
9.15.13 at 3:14 pm | I love you Russell Brand. (310)