September 26, 2010
Stuff My Son Said…This Week
With each passing day, my son astounds me more and more. Where does he come up with the things he says? I used to write it all down, as I am sure every mom has at one point or another, usually during the child’s first year when everything is so exciting. “He smiled.” “He rolled over.” “He grabbed his rattle.” “He ate his first solid meal…” Then something gets lost in the second, third and fourth year of life (and so on and so on). It’s just too much trouble to grab a pen and write it all down. There are too many other things taking up Mommy’s time. There are so many excuses and not enough time. I regret not keeping track of all his “milestones” and quotes for a while.
This week, however, I decided to pay attention and keep a record.
Enough about the hot dog, here are deep thoughts by my four year old:
2) “After we reach one hundred years old, do we start all over again from one and become babies?”
3) “How come doctors can’t help everyone…like your Daddy? They should help everyone, really.”
Then there are negotiations:
4) “Why do I have to do things that I don’t want to do? If I don’t want to become a fireman, I don’t have to, right? Then if I don’t want to eat broccoli, I
5) My son: “I’m not done yet.”
And quotes about the future:
7) “When I grow up I want to be a rock star, but I don’t want to be in my Daddy’s band, he can be in mine…if I let him.”
What’s in store for next week? Hot dog #2, perhaps.