December 25, 2010 | 12:24 pm
Posted by Mihal Levy
With all the hype over Xmas, what is a Jew to do today? How about joining the celebration? Why not? After all JC was Jewish.
Here are five ways to celebrate:
1) Red Box your day. (For the cost of a soft drink at a vending machine, you can get a movie. How can you go wrong? At $1, even if the movie is a flop, you didn’t lose much but the fact that maybe you should have gotten a Coke Zero instead.)
2) Have a faux party. No tree, no ham, but plenty of food and gifts. Why not?
3) Plan for date night with your significant other. A movie? Like everyone else.
4) Write your after Xmas list for Santa (or a list of discounted items you will pick up on Sunday).
5) Order in. Chinese food? Nah. Indian food. And bring out the dreidels. The game of dreidel is fun any time. (Use stale gelt as prizes or gumdrops from the gingerbread house you didn’t build.) After all “a miracle happened there” didn’t it?
Merry December 25th to all…however you choose to celebrate it.
4.17.11 at 8:49 pm | Trying to explain Passover to my son seems almost. . .
3.21.11 at 3:37 pm | I usually don't quit anything, but mommy groups. . .
1.19.11 at 8:12 pm | A shooting in Woodland Hills? Couldn’t be!. . .
1.17.11 at 4:20 pm | Chuck E. Cheese's for cool kids and moms.
12.30.10 at 1:40 pm | Yesterday I got a few hours to myself. And what. . .
12.27.10 at 6:12 pm | After a time of pirouettes and pointe shoes,. . .
4.19.10 at 3:30 pm | Happy Birthday to a country that has thoroughly. . . (6)
3.9.10 at 11:38 am | Mayim Bialik talks about her recent return to. . . (6)
11.2.09 at 3:30 pm | Finding Mr. Right was a breeze, but finding Mrs.. . . (4)
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.