June 2, 2010
Outstanding Seniors: Examples to Us All
With continuing awe, we present another year’s sampling of outstanding high school seniors. This year’s graduating class includes activists, performers and social entrepreneurs, some of whom have raised thousands of dollars for causes locally and across the globe. They’ve started citywide efforts to make our world more inhabitable and our citizens more literate, even as they received academic honors and overcame their own challenges.
And they have done all this with an underlying belief that their efforts can help to change the world.
We are once again heartened by the fact that, if what the world needs now is a belief that there are people out there who can — who will — create a better future, we need look no further than the class of 2010.
- Jessica Kianmahd: Passion in the Present
- Larissa Shebroe: Balancing Discipline and Drama
- Lexi Gelb: Reaching Depths, Her Own Way
- Mason Kroll: Finishing High School With No Loose Ends
- Jeffrey Kessler: Expanding Horizons Via Discussion, Debate
- Sheva Gralnik: On her own time
- Harrison Tasoff: Physics to Philosophy
- Lulu Mickelson: Biking to Success
- Jesse Tohl: Loud and Clear
- Madeline Chais: Kindness by the Book