"Desire fulfilled is a tree of life” (Proverbs13; 12)
Maintaining a prosperous relationship and love life isn’t always an easy task. Giving the 1st Mitzvah in the Torah was "Be fruitful and multiply" (Genesis 1:28) one should examine what follows the wonderful bliss of “Procreational Sex”!
Starting a family showers new parents with great expectations, but it could easily take a toll on both physical and emotional energy. Who can think of a sensual adventure, while losing sleep constantly? The key to a balanced, positive and sexy relationship derives from the basic understanding that change is welcomed.
Trying to maintain "static dynamics" in a long term relationship, especially postpartum, might be inefficient. New parents should embrace the situation by accepting new positions, roles and responsibilities, not only towards their beautiful newborn, but towards each other, as a couple, as lovers and as friends. Regain a positive body image, self-love and sexuality with these "sensual parents" tips:
- Your sexual bliss isn’t hidden in your genitals: Your body is full of nerve endings just waiting to be aroused, and sexual peaks can easily emerge from unexpected areas and stimulations. It isn’t foreplay, it’s THE GAME!
- Feeling less comfortable getting undressed in front of him? Don’t discourage, you are BEAUTIFUL. Your curvaceous post birth figure should be admired, but until you feel more at ease, try a little "game of senses" with your partner: blindfolding him might produce an exciting result: while one sense is lessened, other senses intensify in order to compensate…touch, smell and taste your way into sensual heaven!
- Vaginal dryness is a common phenomenon that might hinder your sexual ability, post childbearing. Make sure to have water based lubrications handy, prior to any sexual encounter.
- Release any negative feelings prior to your sexual activity- feeling upset, guilty or preoccupied will most definitely harm your chances of reaching a good, breathtaking climax, if at all. Let's make it clear: fantasizing about someone else isn’t cheating and getting some assistance from your praiseworthy imagination is always welcome. Enjoy, relax and surrender to the feeling…
- Self-pleasuring is a great place to expand and push your limits, without being embarrassed or judged. It also allows you to change your mind regarding Certain activities midway, should they feel uncomfortable or premature.
All tips were derived from “365 DAILY TIPS FOR OUTRAGEOUS SEX & INTIMACY” by Dr.Limor Blockman©
Dr.Limor is a renowned Clinical Sex Counselor, Educator, Columnist, Speaker and Author.
Dr. Limor holds a PhD in Human Sexuality, a Master’s in Public Health & Community Medicine & a Bachelor’s in Psychology & Behavioral Sciences.
365 Daily Tips For Outrageous Sex & Intimacy/ 365 Daily Tips for Outrageous Sex & Intimacy-Kindle edition
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.