Jewish Journal

F visa for students

By Cedric M. Shen

March 15, 2011 | 11:35 pm

There are a few things you should consider when coming to the U.S. to study. If you are coming to the U.S. to look for a school, but have not yet enrolled, you... More.

  • Relief for Japanese citizens in the U.S.

    By Cedric M. Shen

    March 14, 2011 | 8:26 am

    From the USCIS:

    This advisory is for Japanese and other foreign nationals from the Pacific stranded in the United States due to the earthquakes and... More.

  • H-1B visas

    By Cedric M. Shen

    March 9, 2011 | 11:03 am

    H-1B visas

    OK, I’m going to jump ahead of the alphabet a little bit just because the H-1B season is in full swing.  This is probably one of the most... More.

  • A comparison of the EB-5 green card v. E-2 visa

    By Cedric M. Shen

    March 7, 2011 | 4:18 pm

    Many people have been asking me whether they should apply for an E-2 treaty trader visa or an EB-5 green card.  I have previously discussed each one of... More.

  • EB-5 Green card

    By Cedric M. Shen

    March 4, 2011 | 9:53 am

    Some of you may have heard that you could pay a certain amount of money to get a green card.  Guess what?  It’s true – though it’s not that simple. ... More.

  • E Visa: For the international investor

    By Cedric M. Shen

    February 28, 2011 | 11:46 am

    The E-2 visa allows foreign nationals of a country that has a treaty with the United States, to make an investment in a business enterprise.  Generally,... More.

  • The B visa (Part 2)

    By Cedric M. Shen

    February 24, 2011 | 11:13 am

    B-2:  If you are coming to the U.S. for vacation or to visit family and friends for a short period of time, then a B-2 visa is for you.  These visas are... More.

  • The B visa (Part 1)

    By Cedric M. Shen

    February 22, 2011 | 1:44 pm

    OK, since this blog is called the “ABC’s of Coming to the USA,” I figure the best place to kick it all off is with the “A.”  Unfortunately, that would be... More.

Page 5 of 6

First < 3 4 5 6 >




Cedric M. Shen is a Los Angeles-based immigration attorney experienced in helping foreign nationals enter the United States. His law practice focuses on employment-based green...

Read more