Jewish Journal

K visa for fiancés

By Cedric M. Shen

May 23, 2011 | 9:38 am

The K-1 visa is for the unmarried, foreign national fiancé of a U.S. citizen living abroad. This visa allows the foreign national fiancé to enter the United States in order to marry the... read on

  • L Visas - Intra-company transferees

    By Cedric M. Shen

    May 10, 2011 | 4:42 pm

    Transferring to a U.S. company

    The L visa allows a U.S. employer to transfer a manager or an executive from an affiliated foreign office to one of its U.S. offices.  The employer must be doing business in the U.S. and it must have an existing relationship with the foreign company... read on

  • TN visa for Canadians

    By Cedric M. Shen

    May 4, 2011 | 10:56 pm

    The TN visa was created under the North American Free Trade Agreement between Canada, U.S. and Mexico.  Under this visa, a Canadian citizen may work in a professional occupation in the U.S. if:

    1) He/she qualifies under the “Professionals Under the North American Free Trade... read on




Cedric M. Shen is a Los Angeles-based immigration attorney experienced in helping foreign nationals enter the United States. His law practice focuses on employment-based green...

Read more