Jewish Journal

  • The B visa (Part 2)

    By Cedric M. Shen

    February 24, 2011 | 11:13 am

    B-2:  If you are coming to the U.S. for vacation or to visit family and friends for a short period of time, then a B-2 visa is for you.  These visas are generally valid for up to six months at a time.  If you plan to stay longer, be sure to apply for an extension of status (or leave... read on

  • The B visa (Part 1)

    By Cedric M. Shen

    February 22, 2011 | 1:44 pm

    OK, since this blog is called the “ABC’s of Coming to the USA,” I figure the best place to kick it all off is with the “A.”  Unfortunately, that would be a very short post, since the A visa is reserved for diplomats and heads of state. This probably constitutes a small minority of JJ... read on

  • Happy President’s Day weekend

    By Cedric M. Shen

    February 20, 2011 | 2:29 pm

    I’m just starting to get the hang of this blog.  I’d like to thank the editors at Jewish Journal for giving the ability to blog about immigration issues.  My practice focuses mainly on helping people come into America (green card, work visas, etc.).  I deal with some... read on

  • The ABCs of immigrating to the USA

    By Cedric M. Shen

    February 15, 2011 | 10:25 am


    Rarely has such an innocuous word caused so much debate, stirred so much passion, and given so much hope, in recent times.  From 9/11, to the Great Recession, to SB 1070, to the DREAM Act - immigration issues permeate just about every facet of our lives.  I am a U.S.... read on




Cedric M. Shen is a Los Angeles-based immigration attorney experienced in helping foreign nationals enter the United States. His law practice focuses on employment-based green...

Read more