It seems like almost every publication has a different spelling for the late Libyan dictator’s name. Here are the top 10 spellings and the publications who use them.
1) Gaddafi (Reuters, Huffington Post, Washington Post, Jerusalem Post, Wikipedia)
2) Gadhafi (CNN, ABC News, JewishJournal, Haaretz, Associated Press)
3) Qaddafi (New York Times, Fox News, CBS News, )
4) Kadafi (LA Times)
5) Qadhafi (Politico, Saif al-Islam—-Muammar Gaddafi’s son)
6) Kadhafi (AFP, Bangkok Post)
7) Qadhaffi (The Concise Oxford Dictionary of World Religions)
8) Gathafi (Middle-East-Online.com)
9) Al-Gaddafi (Facebook)
10) Cadaphi (we dare you to use it…)
Don’t get us started on how to spell Moammar (sp?)...
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.