April 25, 2011 | 2:32 pm
Posted by Lauren Bottner, Hollywood Jew contributor
We seek it out before Passover. We sweep dark corners and peer under beds. We get detailed car washes and scour our kitchens. We have dinner parties with chametz smorgasbords before first Seder. 8 days later we groan over all of the leftover matzah. Always aiming to help, here are top 10 uses for leftover matzah.
Top 10 uses for leftover matzah:
1. Mix matzah meal with water for an industrial strength yet naturally organic way to patch up leaks, use as grout, or paste cracked tiles
2. Invite friends for a Passover eating contest. First prize should include a family-size bag of prunes.
3. Make a picnic of matzah with butter, matzah with jam, matzah with cream cheese, etc. Sit on a matzah blanket and play Frisbee with round shmurah matzah
4. Set out matzah-meal rolls to harden (this should take 5-10 minutes). Use as alternative golf balls, tennis balls, or baseballs depending on size and general sponginess
5. Help plants retain moisture by covering the soil around the base of plants with crumbled matzah in place of your regular mulch.
6. Use sheets of matzah as paper towels to mop up any dribbles and spills.
7. Feed matzah to the dog. When he refuses to eat it, move on to next idea.
8. Create a fort using matzah as bricks and charoset as mortar to use should you need to wander through the desert or seek shelter from awry Passover roll golf balls
(note: should charoset be like gold in your family as it is in mine, this would be sacrilegious. I suggest using matzah meal paste instead!)
9. Use as stationary. Recipients may get the added bonus of piecing together the letter like a puzzle should it crack en route.
10. Save the matzah for next year…sadly, you won’t taste a difference
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.
11.25.13 at 2:23 pm | My aversion to Hanukkah streetlights,. . .
11.22.13 at 1:51 pm | Rachel Bloom, 26, and Dan Gregor and Jack Dolgen,. . .
11.13.13 at 11:33 am | The educational book publishing company,. . .
11.12.13 at 10:52 am |
11.11.13 at 1:49 pm | During the British Academy of Film and Television. . .
11.8.13 at 2:29 am | There are so many things wrong with the idea of. . .
10.12.09 at 4:49 pm | Is it time to claim the explorer as an MOT? (260)
11.1.10 at 5:09 pm | Israeli PUA Tomer Koron offers tips on how to. . . (237)
4.27.11 at 3:21 pm | Just because neither the bride nor groom are. . . (181)