May 13, 2011 | 3:50 pm
Posted by Annie Korzen
I’ve seen TV actresses and models prowling the racks at Goodwill. Most thrift stores have regular sales, senior discounts and 2-for-1 days. My fave is a chain in California and Florida called Out Of The Closet. The proceeds go towards helping Aids patients.
Every Sunday at OOTC, many items are reduced to one dollar. Needless to say, I only shop there on Sundays. I get there when the doors open at 10, because the competition is fierce. Here are some of my one-buck treasures:
• Here’s a picture of me in my vintage LOUIS FERAUD silk ensemble. I use this head shot for my Boca Raton look.
• RALPH LAUREN black velvet evening trousers, which I paired with
• A HARARI silk top when hosting my son’s engagement party.
• A DIANE VON FURSTENBERG floral wrap dress, which I’ve used so many times that by now each wearing costs about a nickel.
• Zillions of CP SHADES separates for those comfy frumpy but still-a-little-pretty days.
And, depending on the salesperson, they sometimes add a 10% senior discount. I’m serious: ninety cents for a Harari top. I am a bargainista GENIUS!
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.
10.24.11 at 1:40 pm | Bargain Junkie Annie Korzen finds a website with. . .
10.19.11 at 2:58 pm | Bargain Junkie Annie Korzen spends her life at. . .
10.17.11 at 2:29 pm | Bargain Junkie Annie Korzen offers money-saving. . .
10.12.11 at 1:46 pm |
10.10.11 at 1:55 pm | Bargainista Annie Korzen offers cheap. . .
10.5.11 at 1:10 pm | Thriftaholic Annie Korzen enjoys a bargain, but. . .
7.27.11 at 12:43 pm | Bargain Junkie Annie Korzen offers some. . . (6)
10.19.11 at 2:58 pm | Bargain Junkie Annie Korzen spends her life at. . . (5)
10.5.11 at 1:10 pm | Thriftaholic Annie Korzen enjoys a bargain, but. . . (4)