- Choose date and time for event (consult with synagogue and reception hall).
- Set budget.
- Book private tutor (optional).
- Book party planner (optional).
- Book photographer/videographer.
- Book entertainment (DJ/band) for reception.
- Estimate number of guests for event; begin guest list.
- Child begins learning and studying Torah portion.
- Choose theme for event (optional).
- Book caterer.
- Book florist for centerpieces and floral arrangements.
- Start shopping for invitations.
- Reserve tables, chairs and other rental equipment for event (unless already handled by caterer).
- Book block of hotel rooms for out-of-town guests (be sure t
- send out detailed hotel reservations, maps and other important information).
- Begin clothes shopping for event.
- Order or design sign-in board and guest book.
- Book baker (for cake, optional).
- Order/make party favors for guests.
- Order kippot (optional).
- Finalize guest list.
- Make final selections for clothing and accessories.
- Select and pick up invitations.
- Arrange transportation for you, your family and guests (as needed) for day of event.
- Mail invitations.
- Arrange parking for event (if needed).
- Arrange for special entertainment (e.g., dancers/vendors) (optional).
- Create desired song list for reception.
- Finalize seating arrangements by using table chart.
- Create placecards.
- Choose people to honor during event (either by calling them up to bimah for aliyot, to light candle at the candlelighting ceremony or any variation thereof).
- Write speeches. Also, prepare songs, poems or dances for event.
- Make hairstylist and manicure/pedicure appointments.
- Final fittings for clothing.
- Order food for Kiddush/oneg Shabbat held at synagogue.
- Give final head count to caterer/confirm setup instructions and menu items.
- Call guests wh
- have not R.S.V.P.'d to event to confirm final head count.
- Take formal pictures on bimah before event.
- Arrange to transport out-of-state guests from airport to the hotel.
- Confirm delivery locations, times and final arrangements with caterer, baker, location manager/host, florist, photographer, videographer, DJ/band, religious instructor and anyone else associated with event.
- Attend any previously scheduled beauty appointments (hair, nails, etc.).
- Drop off favors, guest book and pen t
- event site.
- Confirm with those expected t
- give speeches.
- Get some sleep.
- Smile and enjoy.
- Make sure thank-you notes are written and sent.
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
Terms of Service
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.