August 25, 2009 | 8:53 am
Posted by Ilana Angel
1) Why has Mike Fleiss not called me? It’s been almost a week since I declared to the world that I love him and the magic that is created in his mind and still no call. I thought for sure he would invite me for lunch if for no other reason than to get some sincere fan worship. I have given him some of the best Monday and Tuesday nights, of some of the best years of my life, and I think at the very least a single red rose would have been in order. Mike Fleiss, you should find me. Don’t be afraid.
2) My son told me that I was beautiful yesterday. He did not want anything and I did not look particularly beautiful in a pair of boxer shorts and a t-shirt, but he was sitting on the kitchen counter watching me make dinner and as I adjusted my ponytail, he told me I looked beautiful. It was a moment I will always remember because it was sincere and it made me feel beautiful.
3) I still have not heard from Mike Fleiss.
4) How is possible that when a man says he will call you, he thinks that the call can be placed at any time up to and including 14 days after he says he will call? When you say you are going to call someone, is there not a limit to the number of days that can pass before the call is made? I think it should be a maximum of 3 days. If it’s going to be any longer, then I think “I will call you” needs to be changed to “I’ll be in touch”. I’m going to teach this new crazy way of thinking to my son and his friends in the hopes that maybe the next generation of men can break the vicious cycle of women waiting by the phone. Not to worry “Carrie”, he will “be in touch” soon!
5) I want to give a shout out to my friends “Michelle and Jeff”. They are the cutest and funniest couple that I know. I am inspired by how they live their lives with grace and kindness and they are simply a hoot to be with. They dated for a long time before they got married and many of her friends and family, myself included, told her she should walk away because he was taking way too long to profess his undying love for her. Thank God she listened to her heart and not to our crazy ramblings. She loved him and hung on knowing it would all work out for her as she wanted, and it did. I aspire to have what they have. I love how they love each other. I love them.
6) I still have not heard from Mike Fleiss.
7) I think one of the greatest things that I do for myself is take 5 minutes every day to sit quietly and breathe. I listen to the air going in and I let it out slowly and deliberately. I focus on my blessings and all the things that I am grateful for. I imagine dancing at my son’s wedding, spoiling my grandchildren, having lunch with Mike Fleiss, visiting places I still want to see and reminding myself that life is wonderful and every moment matters. I recommend it to anyone who needs to recharge their batteries for it is one of the easiest ways to keep the faith.
We welcome your feedback.
Your information will not be shared or sold without your consent. Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com has rules for its commenting community.Get all the details.
JewishJournal.com reserves the right to use your comment in our weekly print publication.
9.12.09 at 11:51 am | Ask An Angel has a new name!
9.10.09 at 12:39 pm | At what point does one let go of the past in. . .
9.9.09 at 11:19 am | My Blog is going to have a new name tomorrow!
9.8.09 at 2:06 pm | Is there any situation where double dipping. . .
9.7.09 at 12:57 pm |
9.6.09 at 11:37 am | Mike Fleiss has still not called me. Enough. . .