February 18, 2011
2011 Oscars Trivia Quiz
See below for the answers.
1) Where was Natalie Portman (Best Actress, “Black Swan”) first approached by talent representatives?
a) At a pizza parlor in Long Island.
2) James Franco (Best Actor, “127 Hours”) has publicly admitted to committing which of these crimes as a teenager?
a) Stealing cable for multiple television sets.
3) Jesse Eisenberg (Best Actor, “The Social Network”) is related to which television commercial personality?
a) The Snapple Lady (aunt)
4) What inspired Darren Aronofsky (Best Director, “Black Swan”) to write the film “Pi”?
a) A group of Chasidic Jews, who attempted to recruit him.
5) Helena Bonham Carter (Best Supporting Actress, “The King’s Speech”) has appeared in which of the following television roles?
a) As one of Don Johnson’s love interests on “Miami Vice.”
6) Scott Rudin (Best Picture, “True Grit,” “The Social Network”) was born on which holiday?
a) Labor Day
7) Which of the following has been a season finale episode title for all three of Aaron Sorkin’s (Best Adapted Screenplay, “The Social Network”) television shows?
a) “What Kind of Day Has It Been”
8) What was David O. Russell’s (Best Director, “The Fighter”) first film as a director?
a) “Spanking the Monkey”
Highlight the space between the words “ANSWERS” and “HERE” to see the answers to this quiz. ANSWERS (1-A, 2-B, 3-B, 4-A, 5-A, 6-C, 7-A, 8-A) HERE