< align = justify>
* The Jewish Federation of Los Angeles has a "Israel in Crisis Fund." One
hundred percent of all contributions to this fund will be immediately sent to
Israel without any overhead. The first clearly identified need is to get
Israeli children out of harms way -- today. Click here to make a secure online
. Or send a check
made out to Jewish Federation - Israel in Crisis -- to: The Jewish
Federation; 6505 Wilshire Blvd.; Los Angeles, CA 90048; or call (866) YOUR-FED
* The Federation is organizing a major community rally this Sunday, July 23, at 4:00 p.m .in front of the Goldsmith Center, 6505 Wilshire Blvd. Tell your friends to join to express solidarity with Israel at this dangerous time. Parking will be available on the street and in the Bank of America building at 8381 Wilshire Blvd. for $5/car.
* To help victims of terror, contact www.onefamilyfund.org or contact Bari Holtzman at the OneFamily Fund, 818-884-8866, mailing address 6520 Platt, '441, Los Angeles, CA 91307. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* American Friends of Magen David Adom-ARMDI. Magen David Adom has dispatched 150 ambulances and personnel to the northern part of Israel and has mobilized the MDA National Blood Services Center to supply additional blood to hospitals in areas under attack. Visit http://www.afmda.org/site/PageServer or call 212-757-1627 or 866-632-2763.
* American Jewish Committee. The Israel Emergency Assistance Fund will help institutions working with victims of rocket attacks in northern and southern Israel. Visit www.ajc.org.
* Friends of the Israel Defense Forces. A support group aims to provide troops with supplies as Israel continues its military actions in the Gaza Strip and Lebanon to free captured soldiers. Visit www.israelsoldiers.org or call 1-888-318-FIDF ext. 10.
* Jewish National Fund. Operation Security Blanket is raising funds to send Israeli children from the North to summer camps in central Israel, build security roads along the border with Gaza and purchase emergency response equipment. Visit www.jnf.org or call 1-888-JNF-0099.
* World ORT. All money in the Emergency Relief Fund for Israel will be designated for relief activities in Israel. Visit www.ort.org.
LATEST Articles POSTS
Anne Frank: “No Asylum” before the attic
Seeking connection, family mystery ensues
Steven Spielberg reportedly working on Walter Cronkite feature
Wings of Rescue lifts at-risk animals out of danger in U.S. and Israel
INTERVIEW: Marco Rubio on goal to ‘make a mark’ in the Senate
In Florida, Ivanka pitches Trump as champion for Israel, Jewish people
Why Ari Shavit’s fall from grace stings for so many American Jews
Is Malcolm Hoenlein still the king?
Posted on Jul. 19, 2006 at 8:00 pm