• Poem for Redemption

By Beit T'shuvah

January 21, 2013 | 1:28 pm

By Yeshaia Blakeney

Is the root of worship fear? A primitive response to mystery?
    Is gratitude an evolved creative response to contingency/meaninglessness?
    Would anything suffice other than ultimate mystery when reaching for the ultimate?
    Love the closest worldly expression to that which is more than worldly,
    Connection dances around truth to loose to be worthy,
    Oneness was the revelation,
    One is Hashem

• Welcome to the Real World.

By Beit T'shuvah

January 19, 2013 | 8:05 pm

By Rachel Goldman Neubauer

I had a discussion with a rabbi this past week that really had me appreciating the Beit T’Shuvah community even more than usual.

He was describing to me a particularly standard response from a congregant to studying some realm of Jewish... read on

• How Many People Really Believe in Redemption?

By Beit T'shuvah

January 18, 2013 | 10:39 am

By Rabbi Mark Borovitz

The problem with Redemption is that most people don't believe in it! I watch and participate with people all day, each day and I am amazed that, while most people give lip service to the idea of Redemption, very few believe they and/or others can achieve... read on

• Sex, Drugs, and other Blogs

By Beit T'shuvah

January 17, 2013 | 11:31 am

By M. Alexander

I was recently looking through the analytics on the “Addicted to Redemption” blog and noticed some interesting statistics.  One would think that the most popular blogs on the Jewish Journal would be about Torah, Israel, and the state of modern morality—but this... read on

• Do You Suffer From SJD?

By Beit T'shuvah

January 16, 2013 | 3:05 pm

By Ben Spielberg

I was sitting in class yesterday, and the teacher asked us what we thought future utopian and dystopian ideals would look like. As my new classmate began to speak, I began to hate him proportionally with the amount of words he said (for the record, that's around... read on

• The Reality of OCD

By Beit T'shuvah

January 15, 2013 | 11:32 am

By Michael Welch

The level of ignorance that exists around Obsessive Compulsive Disorder astonishes me. If you are wondering whether or not you possess this anxiety disorder that consists of a repetition of feelings, behaviors, thoughts, and ideas that compel immediate... read on

• Cigarettes for the Psyche

By Beit T'shuvah

January 14, 2013 | 1:17 pm

By Yeshaia Blakeney

I am an ex-smoker.  When asked why I smoked cigarettes I had two basic answers, "I like dying slow", and "they give me something to look forward to" (hope).  The first was a rebellious embrace of my finite existence; the second was a mock faith.  I could have... read on

< 1 2 3 4 >