Keeping It Simple

by Ben Spielberg

November 21, 2012 | 2:31 pm

The mantras of Alcoholics Anonymous have always intrinsically conflicted with my belief system. The one that caused me the most stress was not about God, powerlessness, or any type of... read on

• Happy T’Shuvahs-Giving

By Beit T'shuvah

November 20, 2012 | 1:37 pm

By Cantor Rachel Goldman Neubauer

It’s hard to forget that Thanksgiving is this week.  I go to the supermarket and see pumpkin-flavored EVERYTHING on display (yum), my favorite Thursday shows aren’t on this week, and I’m already being bombarded by Christmas decorations in the... read on

• Are Adults Just Children (But Worse)?

by Yeshaia Blakeney

November 19, 2012 | 11:08 am

I came home after work and immediately got into it with my six-year-old daughter about not doing her homework.  She got upset, I got upset and we both went to our rooms.  Later she came to apologize, and I wouldn't accept her apology.  Three hours later I realized I was being... read on

• It’s All In The Details

by Harriet Rossetto

November 18, 2012 | 2:01 pm

Gracing us with the gift of her wisdom and honesty, Harriet Rossetto has given us a sneak peek into her book, Sacred Housekeeping, A Spiritual Memoir.  The official release will be in March of 2013.

Sacred Housekeeping…It’s All In The Details

I hated routine for many years,... read on

• The Human Concern

by Rabbi Mark Borovitz

November 16, 2012 | 11:33 am

I am struck this week with 2 events, one global and the other personal. Remember, as I think and write about these events, I am Addicted to Redemption.

The global event, of course, is what is happening in Israel. While I have issues with the way the deterioration of peace talks,... read on

• It Was A Safer World

By Beit T'shuvah

November 15, 2012 | 2:29 pm

By BTS Prevention

“Is it safe?”—This oft-quoted line from Marathon Man is one that is being issued not by Nazi Doctor Christian Szell, but by parents throughout the country.  Our fear-based society propagates the containment of middle and upper-class children into a bubble of... read on

• On Selling Out

By Beit T'shuvah

November 14, 2012 | 2:53 pm

By Ben Spielberg

When I was younger, I would pride myself in my rebellion. In high school, I would habitually leave class and venture off campus. On the weekends, I would stay in bed for as long as humanly possible. I would hook up distortion pedals to my bass, play only songs in... read on

• Emotional Technology or Modern Day Lobotomy

by Michael Welch

November 13, 2012 | 2:46 pm

Taking care of ourselves and the practice of emotional maintenance has evolved into far more than what our Ten Commandments originated as.

When Moses and the Israelites first faced G-d's covenant, they were both terrified and obedient.

I generally have the opposite reaction... read on

< 1 2 3 4 >